Non commercial organization «Friends of Mount Athos» was founded on 28th August 2006 in Thessaloniki.
Our goals (according to the article 4 of ratified statute) are:
1. Attraction the public attention for the centuries-old history, art, culture and literature of the Orthodox monasteries of Mount Athos.
2. Representation of the spiritual wealth and monastic traditions of Mount Athos in Greece and in the other Orthodox Countries.
3. Promotion of the every possible help and support to the monasteries and monks of Mount Athos, as well as the monasteries in Greece and abroad.
4. Organization of excursions and pilgrimage to the Mount Athos and other Orthodox Holly places in Greece and abroad.
5. Representation to the public and distribution of traditional production of an agriculture, handwork and iconography of Holly Mount Athos.
6. Informing the Greek government and the local authorities about activities of the organization.
7. Concentration and direction of the humanitarian help to the countries, which have suffered from wars and catastrophes. Planning, execution and coordination of social and ethnic programs for the achievement of organization’s goals.
8. Cooperation with the state or privet non commercial pilgrim and charitable organizations in Greece and abroad, as realization a cultural, touristic and scientific exchange with these countries.
9. Organization and arranging of lectures, conferences and exhibitions for the achievement of organization’s goals.
10. Creating and publishing of specialized information in printed, digital and audiovisual form, as a visual demonstration of the activities of our organization.
11. Participation, representation and carry out of various initiatives of development of local and international cooperation for the achievement of organization’s goals.